Our shared goal with healthcare providers is to improve clinical, financial and human performance to achieve long-term success. So they in turn can better deliver on their mission to serve the community.
We recognize that each organization has its own particular strategic, operational, and financial challenges, and we tailor our solutions and delivery to achieve the potential of your physician enterprise.
Our approach to engagement involves a detailed assessment of the enterprise business processes and financial performance. We pay specific attention to:
- Billing operations review – Assess the billing and receivables process, staffing, and workflow;
- Coding – Are services being assigned the proper CPT codes;
- Collection performance assessment – Calculate the appropriate ratio’s to assess the performance vis-à-vis other enterprises providing similar services at similar size.
- Documentation compliance – We review if medical record documentation is sufficient to meet government payer requirements for the E&M CPT codes charged (including compliance review, education, and documentation templates for ease of compliance);
- Technology – Assess the existing technology investments and if they are being optimally utilized;
- Overhead analysis – compare overhead, by category, to national norms;
Revenue Cycle Solutions:
MMG works side-by-side with you to embed leading practices into your revenue cycle to realize lasting improvements. In addition to delivering significant, sustainable net revenue gains, MMG's revenue cycle solutions improve operating efficiency, reduce expenses and increase patient, physician and staff engagement and loyalty.
As a trusted strategic advisor, MMG can help you address revenue cycle challenges through the following solutions:
Clinical Documentation and Improvement Solutions
- Evaluation of outsourcing arrangements and/or vendor performance
- End-to-end revenue cycle transformation
- Denials management and prevention
- Revenue cycle operations standardization, consolidation, or centralization
- Hospital and physician revenue cycle integration
- HIS optimization to support improved revenue cycle performance
- Implementation of revenue cycle workflow, reporting and analytics tools
MMG's Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI) solution experts improve documentation and medical records to reflect the accurate severity and acuity of illness by using industry-leading subject-matter experts that knowledge transfer their skill set. We will work with you to accurately reflect the severity of the illness, improve physician and hospital profiles, increase case mix index and appreciate maximum compliant reimbursement.
Technology Optimization and Strategy:
Healthcare executives are faced with many high-priority initiatives, and we understand that each deserve thorough consideration and dedication. Our technology advisory solutions team has the experience and industry knowledge to address clients’ needs at any point in their transformational journey. We provide an informed and independent external viewpoint to support a health system, hospital or physician organization’s healthcare IT strategy – by leveraging current or future technology investments. We help give executives a high level of confidence around their organizations’ ability to achieve the optimal performance required in today’s rapidly changing environment by:
- Conducting current-state environmental scans
- Aligning IT strategy with corporate initiatives
- Establishing functional gaps and fulfilment strategies
- Establishing processes for assuring optimal utilization of existing and new technology investments